Once you insert a video on your PowerPoint slide using the options provided within the Adobe Presenter tab, you can thereafter make some edits to the inserted video file. To do so, first make sure that you select the inserted video file - thereafter follow these steps:
- Access the Adobe Presenter tab of the Ribbon, and click the down-arrow next to the Video button, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 1. This brings up the Video drop-down list -- here choose the Edit option, shown highlighted in blue within Figure 1.
Figure 1: Edit option within the Video drop-down list
- This opens the Edit Video dialog box, as shown in Figure 2.
Figure 2: Edit Video dialog box
- All the options within the Edit Video dialog box are explained below, as marked in Figure 2 above:
- Here you can see the preview of the video, as you make the changes.
B. Play / Pause Button
- Use this button to play and/or pause the video file.
C. Seek Bar
- Here you can see the video playing time.
D. Delete Button
- Click this button to delete the video file.
E. Edit on
- This options bring up a drop-down listing all the slides in the presentation, choose the slide containing the video file you want to edit.
F. Mute Audio during Playback
- Select this check-box to mute the audio track on the video.
- Choose to apply the effect to the video: such as Fade In, Fade Out, etc.
H. Start After
- Specifies when to start the effect. Effect can occur after a specified time delay, animation, or audio.
- Here you can switch between video in the slide area and video in the sidebar. Click this option to bring up a drop-down list and select an option. You can apply effects to both videos if they are on the same slide.
- This specifies the duration (such as Slow, Medium, and Fast) of the selected effect.
K. Time (Seconds)
- Specifies the amount of time to wait before the effect takes place. Use this option together with the Time Delay option in Start After.
- When you have finished editing the video file, click the OK button.
- Play your presentation by clicking the Preview button within the Adobe Presenter tab. To learn more, refer to our Preview Options in Adobe Presenter tutorial.
- Save your presentation often.